In this book contemporary bioethicists and scholars of ancient philosophy explore the import of classical ethics on such pressing bioethical concerns as managed care, euthanasia, suicide, and abortion. Although the contributors write within the limits of their own disciplines, through cross references and counterarguments they engage in fruitful dialogue. Read more Read less. About the Author Mark G. No customer reviews. Share your thoughts with other customers. Write a customer review.
Discover the best of shopping and entertainment with Amazon Prime. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery on millions of eligible domestic and international items, in addition to exclusive access to movies, TV shows, and more. Back to top. Abortion and Infanticide: Michael Tooley. Why Abortion is Immoral: Don Marquis.
Bioethics: Ancient Themes in Contemporary Issues (Basic Bioethics)
Mother-Fetus Conflict: 6. Are Pregnant Women Fetal Containers? Surrogate Mothering: Exploitation or Empowerment? Is Gene Therapy a Form of Eugenics? Liberal Eugenics: Nicholas Agar. The Sanctity of Life: Jonathan Glover. Killing and Letting Die: Boyle, Jr. Whatever the Consequences: Jonathan Bennett. Active and Passive Euthanasia: James Rachels. Winston Nesbitt.
Severely Disabled Newborns: Right to Life of Handicapped: Alison Davis. Is the Sanctity of Life Terminally Ill?
Bioethics: Ancient Themes in Contemporary Issues (Basic Bioethics) - PDF Drive
Peter Singer. Life Past Reason: Ronald Dworkin. Voluntary Euthanasia and Medically Assisted Suicide: The Note: Chris Hill. Is There a Duty to Die? John Hardwig. Part V: Resource Allocation: Rescuing Lives: Can't We Count? Paul T. The Value of Life: John Harris. In Defense of Ageism: A. Part VI: Organ Donation: Why Give to Strangers? Richard M. Eike-Henner W.
- SearchWorks Catalog;
- Ron Polansky.
- Shop with confidence.
- The American Journal of Bioethics;
The Survival Lottery: John Harris. Is Xenotransplantation Morally Wrong? Xenotransplantation and Speciesism: Peter Singer.
- 501 Killer Marketing Tactics to Increase Sales, Maximize Profits, and Stomp Your Competition: Revised and Expanded Second Edition.
- Echocardiography and Cardiovascular Function: Tools for the Next Decade (Developments in Cardiovascular Medicine).
- 101 Best Weekend Businesses;
- Collected Papers of Michael E. Soulé: Early Years in Modern Conservation Biology.
- An encyclopedia of philosophy articles written by professional philosophers..
- Puppet Essentials.
Ethics and Clinical Research? Duties in Regard to Animals: Immanuel Kant.
- Navigation menu.
- Navigation menu!
- Principles and Parameters in a VSO Language: A Case Study in Welsh.
- Modern Morality and Ancient Ethics | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- MCSA/MCSE: Exchange Server 2003 Implementation and Management Study Guide (Exam 70-284).
A Utilitarian View: Jeremy Bentham. All Animals are Equal: Peter Singer. Frey and Sir William Paton. Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California. Helga Kuhse. Truth-Telling: